K.E.Y. Zone is a collaborative program of the Duluth YMCA and the Duluth Public Schools. The program provides a safe and supervised environment for youth to receive educational support and participate in enrichment activities. Program goals include fostering enrichment and learning, development of life skills, promoting regular attendance in school, and providing year-round opportunities, including summer and break days. The program is located at all nine elementary schools and is for youth in grades K-5.
To Register: www.duluthcommunityed.org
- A $35.00 per child registration fee is due annually and is non-refundable. Once registered for the program, you can schedule attendance and/or manage your account online.
Payment Information: Invoices are distributed electronically by the Duluth Community Education offices on the 25th of each month with payment due the 1st of each month. Outstanding balances are subject to late fees and will impact eligibility to participate in the program. Families pay their balance through scheduled monthly autopayment by credit card.
It is our goal to provide everyone with an equal opportunity to participate in services and activities. We accept childcare county assistance and have financial assistance available to those families who qualify.
K.E.Y. Zone 2024 Summer Program: Registration opens March 2024
- Sites: To be determined
- Time: 6:30 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
School Year Program
K.E.Y. Zone 2024-25 School Year Program: Registration opens April 2024
- Sites: All nine elementary schools
- Afterschool Time: 2:15-6 p.m.
- Break Days: Open at select sites and days from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
**There will be a limited number of spots available for K.E.Y. Zone summer and school year programming. Registration will be on a first come first serve basis. There will be a waitlist for full sites and more spots will open as staffing and space is available. Please understand this is for the safety of our youth. No exceptions will be made at this time.**
Waiting List Information
Families can be placed on a waiting list by calling K.E.Y. Zone at 218-336-8900 x 2 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the program has secured more space and staff, the program will enroll families from the waiting list. K.E.Y. Zone is certified by the state to provide a safe care environment with guidelines for safety including staff to student ratios.
- What is KEY Zone?
- What is KEY Zone's purpose?
- Where is KEY Zone located?
- What are the hours?
- What does a typical day look like?
- What is the cost?
- How do I register for KEY Zone?
- How does payment work?
- Is financial assistance available?
- What if I have additional questions regarding billing and registration?
- What if I have additional questions regarding the K.E.Y. Zone program?
- What is the weather cancellation policy?
Program Information218-722-4745 x 124 email@example.com
Billing and Registration218-336-8900 x 2 firstname.lastname@example.org
Congdon Park218-336-8825 x 3 3116 E. Superior Street
Homecroft218-336-8865 x 2550 4748 Howard Gnesen Road
Lakewood218-336-8870 x 2602 5207 N. Tischer Road
Laura MacArthur218-336-8900 x 3104 720 N. Central Avenue
Lester Park218-336-8875 x 6 5300 Glenwood Street
Lowell218-336-8895 x 3022 2000 Rice Lake Road
Myers-Wilkins218-722-4745 x 319 1027 N. 8th Ave. E.
Piedmont218-336-8950 x 2795 2827 Chambersburg Avenue
Stowe218-722-4745 x111 715 101st Ave. W.